Friday 28 December 2012

Joliebox December 2012

Hi everyone, hope you have all had a great Christmas! I've had a fantastic time with my friends and family and been very spoilt. I also hit the sales yesterday so will do a few posts over the next week showing you the bargains I managed to pick up.

I received my December Joliebox before Christmas but with all the Christmas festivities I am only just getting round to reviewing it.
The box has a pretty white and gold pattern and the bag inside is white with gold writing.
The theme for this months box is Party.
My first impression when I opened the box was one of disappointment, nothing in the box apart from the nail varnish and chocolate that caught me eye, unlike this months Glossybox - review here.  Also a few items that I have had in previous beauty boxes.
Bellapierre Shimmer Powder in Cadence
This is a pretty moss green colour, a full size item that retails for £5.49 here.
I have already received a couple of these powders in previous boxes - a Feel Unique Box and a She Said Beauty box.  Luckily they are different shades but it isn't very exciting to find a third one in a beauty box.
Doctor Duve Hand & Decollette Cream
Two sample size sachets, I don't know how much these contain but I would guess at around 5ml - it doesn't state the amount on the sachet just that they are not for resale samples.
200ml retails for a whopping £79 making the samples worth approx. £3.95 if they contain 5ml each.
I really don't like sachet samples, I think they are messy to use and that you can't determine whether or not a product is any good from a couple of uses - especially to then spend £79 on the full size.
I Love...Cosmetics Shimmer and Shine Lip Gloss
Full size item retails at £4.95 here.
Ok positive first this does smell yummy and it is a pretty colour, negative I stopped wearing glosses like this when I was 14! They sell these in my local Asda!
I will pass this on to my niece as I'm sure she will appreciate it!
Agua De Colonia Concentrada Alvarez Gomez
This is a 1.5ml sample, 50ml retails for £5.70 here making the sample worth 17p
I like receiving perfume samples in beauty boxes, it is nice to find a new perfume.  This however is Spains oldest perfume a blend of lemon, thyme, lavender, eucalyptus, geranium and rosemary.  I really don't like the smell at all, will pass this on to my mum!
Color Club Put a Pin in It
Joliebox have said this is a full size item but it contains 7ml and that is the size of Color Club mini polishes.
This is the best item in the box! It is a pretty rose gold colour and was one of two colours designed exclusively for Joliebox.  You can buy it from Joliebox for £10, which is pretty steep for a mini nail varnish!!
Olay Regenerist Skin Cream
This is a 7ml sample, 50ml retails for £9.89 here making the sample worth £1.38.
Joliebox lists this item as a cream but it looks like a serum to me, I don't really know what it is though as there is no english writing on the tube!

I am so disappointed with this months box, only one item (oh and the chocolate!!) that I am excited to try.  

Joliebox was my favourite beauty box once Feel Unique and Carmine went but the last time I was really happy with my Joliebox was July, I feel that the company has really changed - it used to be a lot of niche skincare products now its cheap lip gloss and tiny sachets.

I was also not happy to happy to read other reviews where they received an extra item - honey shower gel or body lotion.  I asked Joliebox about this on Twitter and got no reply, so I emailed them this morning.  Their reply was apologetic but that they sometimes give extra items to new subscribers, however the blog posts I read are from people that have been subscribed as long as I have! I feel if we pay the same amount then we should get the same contents.  Joliebox have offered to add 50 Joliepoints to my account but I feel it's not a good enough explanation - maybe their subscribers would be better subbing and unsubbing every month as their loyalty is not being rewarded.

I have now cancelled my subscription to Joliebox, I said I would give it to the end of the year to see if the boxes would get better but I feel they are getting worse!

Did you get this months box? What did you think?


4 comments:

  1. If you decide you don't want you Bellapierre, let me know!!

    Also I'd be so upset if I received this, I'm glad you've cancelled it!!

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont subscribe but always read these posts to see if i can be tempted but i seem to find the cons put weigh the pros. Plus i have also noticed well known bloggers and affliates get all the better products where as i find smaller blogs get the crap you wouldnt want. As i dont blog i doubt it is worth my time! Glossy box did seem good this month but it was long overdue as the last few have been pretty rubbish in my opinion!

    Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I subscribed to Glossy Box about a year ago and I cancelled my subscription after the first month, I was so dissapointed with the products and I thought that it was not worth the 11 pound that I spent. Since then, I love some products that those boxes have, but overall I would never subscribe to one of them again, unless I found one is really worth it - so far from other bloggers' posts none of them has impressed me that much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have been dissapointed with this too Jo. Glad I cancelled a good while ago now.

    Em

    x

    Em’s Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete