Sunday 17 March 2013

Green People Cooling Hydrating Mist and Soft Lips Review

When I was contacted by Green People asking if I would like to review some of their products on my blog I jumped at the chance as I have used quite a few Green People products from their cleanser to their moisturiser to their sun tan lotion! I have liked everything I have used so far and was looking forward to trying some products that they class as "travel essentials".
Had to share with you this gorgeous container that they sent the goodies in!
Soft Lips Balm SPF 8 10ml
This soothing lip balm with UV protection protects and softens dry, chapped lips. It offers super soft lips and a natural sheen from berry wax and fairly traded CupuaƧu butter. This mild, no-scent formulation – with no essential oils – is ideal for parched, raw and chapped lips and can be applied over lipstick for a subtle gloss effect. 65% certified organic ingredients.
The balm is quite a thick consistency but melts immediately on contact with your lips.
I have had really dry lips all winter and nothing has really sorted them out but I can see a real difference after using this for the past couple of weeks - no more dry flaky skin for me!
It has it is unscented but I can smell a slight scent but nothing too heavy and there is no taste (not that I recommend eating it! You know what I mean!).  It is not sticky, it sinks in easily so that it is more of a protective thin layer rather than sitting on top of your lips.
Thumbs up from me!
10ml retails for £4.95 here
Cooling Hydrating Mist 100ml
A multi-purpose alcohol-free mist for the face and body. Hydrate and rebalance a dehydrated complexion with this handy spritz. Precious Rose and Orange Blossom floral waters are carefully blended with soothing Aloe Vera, hydrating Marshmallow and calming Chamomile to offer a refreshing pick me up to tired, lacklustre skin.  This versatile mist can be used as a toner or as a great ‘instant fix’ hydration booster, offering skin cooling relief. Keep in the fridge to use as a cooling mist on 'sun-kissed' skin in the summer.  The soft orange scent is divine. 96.9% certified organic ingredients.
I was most excited to see this in the container - as I am now 25 weeks pregnant I keep getting hot flushes! I have to open the window in work and put the fan on while my poor colleague freezes for 10 minutes until it passes! 
I had told Green People that I am pregnant to make sure the samples that they sent me would be suitable for me to use.  This has become a handbag staple, the mist is definitely cooling and I haven't had to fling the window open as much! It has the typical "Green People" scent to me - if you have used Green People products you will know what I mean. It has a pump spray and the mist is very light and fine.  Once the weather warms up and I finish work I will be keeping this in the fridge for an extra cooling blast.  This would be fab to take on holiday if you are planning on going somewhere with lots of sunshine.
100ml retails for £13.99 here


Green People products are not tested on animals and never contain:
Sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate, parabens, lanolin, phthalates, propylene glycol, alcohol (ethyl alcohol, ethanol), harsh foaming agents, synthetic fragrances, irritating emulsifiers, PABA-sunscreen, petrochemicals, colourants, urea, DEA, TEA or PEGs.

10% of net profit is donated to charities - If only all companies were so generous!


Have you tried any Green People Products?  What do you think?












10 comments:

  1. I like Green People products xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mist sounds fab! I'm using the cleanser at the moment and I love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mist is lovely, really refreshing. I've finished my cleanser but I really like it!

      Delete
  3. Travel-friendly products are great because they are so easy to tote around, even if you are not traveling. I think the face mist is such a good idea. And how fantastic that these are organic.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog Seattle - Girlie Blog Seattle |
    Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect for seeing if you like a product too :)

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of Green People products :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh the cooling mist sounds so lovely! My mum is going into India in may so im looking for something like this for her :-)

    Cherry Lane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be perfect! It is so light and refreshing, I have to have it in my handbag at all times now :)

      Delete