Saturday 17 March 2012

Ojon Review

Morning all!

On Monday Ojon UK's Facebook page ran a fantastic offer:

BUY 1. GET 2 FREE! Exclusive Facebook Fan Offer.
As a ‘Thank You’ to our loyal fans for your support, enjoy an exclusive Facebook treat! Get a FREE* full size set of damage reverse™ Restorative Shampoo & Conditioner 250ml with any purchase Ojon.co.uk.


I really wanted to try the Ojon hair serum that some people received in the Harrods Glossybox, so having received both my Harrods boxes and no Ojon I quickly snapped up the offer (it was so popular they sold in a couple of hours!) and purchased the 25ml Instant Restorative Hair Serum for £16.00. 

They had an offer running at the same time for free delivery and two free samples!

They delivered super fast and my box of goodies arrived on Thursday!



Paid full price £16 for the serum


The two samples that I received are Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment and Hair Treatment Plus they are 8ml but I think they would last for a couple of treatments as you only need between 1 to 1.5 teaspoons and because I have a short bob I will be able to get away with the 1 teaspoon - they both retail at £32.50 for 100ml making the samples worth £5.20


These are the 250ml bottles of Damage Reverse Restorative shampoo and conditioner that I received in the offer! Shampoo retails at £20.00 and the conditioner for £21.50!

£41.50 for shampoo and conditioner!!! I am looking forward to what miracles these can perform on my coloured, fine frizzy heat damaged hair.......and for £41.50 it really would need to perform miracles for me to repurchase!

Review

So I washed my hair yesterday with the shampoo and conditioner:

The shampoo lathered slightly but not too much, good sign the shampoos that lather too much dry out my hair and make it frizz! Washed it out, was easy to rinse, no tangles - still looking good. It has a strange smell, not unpleasant but not perfumed, it smells quite earthy and herbally.

The conditioner has a nice thick consistency, again the same smell (a little stronger than the shampoo) applied well, rinsed out easily and I could feel that my hair felt nice and conditioned.

Used a few drops of the hair serum before heat styling, its quite runny but I literally did only need 2 drops and now for the ultimate test - the hairdryer!

So blasted my hair with the hairdryer, waiting for the frizz to start to appear - turned on the GHDs to get them ready to work their magic......and I couldn't believe it, no frizz! Straight, shiny, sleek, swishy amazing hair! and I didn't even have to use my straighteners - this is unheard of.

I honestly could not believe the results, I did try and get a photo of my hair - how hard is it to get a picture of your own hair?! Must practise...

The only negative point I thought was that because my hair felt so lovely and non frizzy that it might mean I would have to wash it everyday, I wash my hair every other day and at £41.50 do not want to change to everyday, but have woken up this morning to straight, shiny, swishy amazing hair.


Now you know I said it would have to perform miracles for me to every re-purchase - well I will absolutely, most definitely be re-purchasing.  I am a complete Ojon convert and as a bargain lover (I hardly ever pay full price for anything) this must have been a serious miracle!


Have you tried Ojon products? Did you manage to snap up this amazing offer? Oh, and how do I take pics of my hair?









7 comments:

  1. I tried the hair treatment but unfortunately had a bad reaction and got an aweful rash on my face. Definitely, not giving another go. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Thats not good :(
      I have a sensitive scalp and I didn't know if the Ojon would irritate it but its been fine. I assume the treatments have stronger ingredients in them, I'll be careful using it now!

      Delete
  2. i really like your post. i knew exactly what you mean about trying to photograph your own hair! i did it for a post on my blog and got very sore arms lol!
    here is a link to it http://peoniesandsweetpeas.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/percy-and-reed-finishing-polish-review.html

    im following x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! Didn't know if it was a bit "wordy" I'm learning as I go!
      Think I need a helper next time! Will rope in the hubby.
      Will check out your blog now, thanks for following and I hope you have entered my Revlon Lip Butter giveaway :)

      Delete
  3. i got the oil in my glossybox, it really is amazing stuff! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Will definitely be repurchasing. Think it will last for ages though, as I do only need two drops - fab!

      Delete
  4. I stumbled across the Ojon for fine hair, and then the restorative version by accident at Ulta. I was actually buying some Redken travel sizes and had to wait a long time in line. The manager felt bad and handed me a bunch of Ojon, which I had heard of but never tried. Well, the bottom line is I returned all the Redken, unused, and LOVE both versions of the Ojon shampoo and conditioner. What is odd and great about them is that when I'm done shampooing and conditioning, my hair is fuller even when it's still wet. It's like nothing gooey or thick or synthetic is weighing it down. After only two uses, I've noticed how smooth and silky my hair is WITHOUT being heavier. It's amazing, like I've got the hair back that I had when I was in my 20's.

    I LOVE the scents of both versions, too. Earthy and natural. Everything else now smells fake and commercial. Yes, Ojon is not cheap, but it's on par with most other higher-end lines.

    I have no plans to go back to any other line.

    PJ

    ReplyDelete