Saturday 7 July 2012

Joyeux Anniversaire Joliebox! June Box

Joliebox celebrated their first birthday by having two limited edition boxes designed by Mlle Fraize and Och Studio. All the contents are from French brands.

I had my normal subscription box and an extra box as I got my mitts on a discount code. Both my boxes have the same design which I'm pleased about - how cute is the print! These will look lovely on my dressing table.

Yes this is their June box and no I'm not really late writing up the box - the boxes only arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon. Joliebox have had a problem with delivery of the boxes and what should have been a happy celebration of their first birthday has turned into a lot of unhappy customers complaining that their boxes haven't turned up. Turns out there was a problem with the distributor and the boxes have had to be relabeled and resent!
The box lid
Inside the base of the box
The back of the box
I'd love this design every month!
Yon-Ka Pamplemousse Protective and Vitalizing Cream.
I received the  Normal to Dry skin version in both my boxes.

This was the first personalised box from Joliebox and after completing a beauty questionnaire on their website the skincare products were tailored to your type of skin. As the boxes had to be resent it was luck if you got the products that matched your skin type.
I have combination skin so I can use this cream but I have arranged a swap for one of them to the oily skin version which is probably more suitable.

This is a full size 50ml product.
Institut Esthederm UV inCellium Spray.

This is a pre-tanning product which claims to boost the skin's natural defences and ensure a long lasting tan. It doesn't contain an SPF so I would have to use it alongside sunscreen.

Samples of 20ml.
L'Occitane Angelica Hydration Cream.

This cream contains Angelica which is a plant with a unique ability for self hydration. I already have a pot of this open so these will do for back up stock!

Samples of 15ml.
Elysambre 100% natural lipsticks.
These are full size items but they look a bit strange as they are refills! You can buy the outside of the case online, which will make them look a bit prettier but they do the job perfectly without it.
Rosewood (Matte) Chocolate Brown (Glossy)
I love the Rosewood.  I don't have a matte lipstick in this shade and it looks lovely on.
I don't like the Chocolate brown, I can't pull off any brown toned lipsticks as I think the colour looks strange on my skintone. 
A little birthday extra, you can never have too many nail files! 
 One of my boxes contained this extra item!
I have tried the hair oil from Leonor Greyl in one of the Boudoir Prive boxes (before they became Joliebox) which I liked so I'm looking forward to trying this out.

I thought I had a product missing in one of my boxes but reading both the menus the contents tie up with whats inside.....

I like everything in the boxes apart from the brown lipstick, Jolieboxes are still definitely my favourite beauty box. Although they really do need to sort out their delivery issues!!

Have you received your Joliebox yet? What did you think?




6 comments:

  1. I received most of the same products as you, except I had a mascara instead of lipstick.
    I too received the shampoo, I think it is supposed to be an extra gift for new subscribers, I've obviously received it in error! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the mascara nice? I think a lot of new subscribers won't be very happy will they?! And what about the prizes that people could win...could get messy! xx

      Delete
  2. Love the design of the boxes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased with my box although the company has issues it has to deal with - if they'd said there will be a delay with boxes this month I'd have been unhappy but accepted it. They need to get a carrier which will deliver on time. Amarya have no problems with delivery - although the beauty box is stand alone from their beauty business. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, by not changing their delivery service they are harming their business. Other companies manage to deliver on time, so it shows it can be done! x

      Delete