Saturday 14 July 2012

Review Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover and Essie Nail Masks

My poor nails have been feeling rather neglected recently, I normally paint them 2-3 times a week but this week I haven't painted them at all and I was walking around with chipped varnish - oh, the shame!

I spotted this in TK Maxx today at the till when I was buying yet more nail varnish and as my cuticles are in dire need of some TLC I bought it.
The tip is perfect for applying the gel around the cuticle.
Oh just realised the tip can be used to push back the cuticles!! I searched everywhere for my cuticle tool thing!
The application is not too messy as the gel is quite thick.
After I washed the gel off I got out my Essie nail masks to give my nails some hydration.
I picked these up in TK Maxx a few weeks ago, the pack contains three lots of 10 masks.
The masks contain VitaminE for nourishment, a built in hydrating serum and a natural 10 oil blend to condition the nail.
The masks are a thick gel like substance. You peel them off the backing strip, press them onto your nail and leave for 5 minutes. The masks do not leave any residue behind. 
They are scientifically proven to improve the condition of the nail and increase hydration by 33% in the five minutes that the masks are applied.
Before - my poor nails!
After - looking much better!
Thats better, a bit of sparkle!
China Glaze Riveting from The Hunger Games collection.

I love the Essie masks but I can't find them online to repurchase :( I'll have to keep an eye out in TK Maxx incase they have any more in and if they do I'll be buying up all their stock! I can see a real difference in my nails when I use the masks. My nails feel smoother and definitely more hydrated.

I was pleased with the Sally Hansen cuticle remover, my cuticles are not perfect but much better than they were this morning.

I can't stop looking at my nails, this colour is amazing it looks like fire on my fingertips!









2 comments:

  1. I use that cuticle remover, you got a bargain with the price! Masks look interesting, will have to keep an eye out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The masks are fab - I have one set left so I NEED to find some more! x

      Delete