Friday 6 July 2012

Hello Fresh - Smoked Mackerel Summer Salad

I didn't get in from work until late last night and was all ready to make beans on toast when I  flicked through the recipe cards and saw that the Smoked Mackerel Summer Salad with Green Beans and New Potatoes would be ready in 20 minutes so I made that instead - its one of the recipes that I wasn't sure if I would like as I am not too keen on smoked mackerel....


Double sided recipe card
Clear and easy to follow - I like that they put little jokes in!
All the ingredients - we didn't need all the radishes.
I'll do a post at the end of the week to see if we have anything left over. 
Think my knife skills need a bit of work! 
 Really good quality fish

Dressing - I may have added more than a grind of pepper.... 
So easy to make, much better than beans on toast! 
Ta-Dah!

Review

I didn't think I would like this because I'm not too keen on mackerel BUT it's actually my favourite meal so far!

The fish was gorgeous and the ingredients really tasty and fresh. I made a 2 person portion as my son had tea at a friends house so I have enough left to make this for lunch over the weekend :) Curtis loves mackerel so I know he will really enjoy this.

Two thumbs up!

I have changed my subscription to a 2 person box from Tuesday (which will be my second delivery) as the portions are definitely big enough to fill us up. If the 2 person box is enough then it fits into my weekly food budget, my only concern would be the number of recipes that they have.  I wouldn't want to have the same meals over and over. I'll email Hello Fresh to ask them this question and let you know what they come back with.

If you would like a referral code for £20 off your first box please email me at beautyandthebooks@btinternet.com, for anyone that signs up using my code I will get a £12 credit on my account.








No comments:

Post a Comment